Friday, November 30, 2012

A Month in Review...

Beginning November 1st, I started a personal journey.  A Quest, if you will. I realized that so much was going on in my life that little reflection or appreciation was begin expressed.  So I started my own 'spiritual' discipline: For This I Am Thankful... As I have been doing this, I have found many times throughout the day(s) to list several things I am thankful for.  Little things. Big things.  (and everything in between).

1. I have a ridiculously amazing wife - for this I am thankful.
2. My kids teach me new things daily - for this I am thankful.
3. Homemade waffles and sleeping in - for this I am thankful.
4. Terminal cancer in 'remission'...witnessing a miracle - for this I am thankful.
5. Daylight savings says to Fall back - for this I am thankful.
6. The extension cord was just long enough to let me use the leaf blower - for this I am thankful.
7. I live in a country where I get a vote - for this I am thankful.
8. We painted the dining room - for this I am thankful.
9. My mornings begin with B and E playtime...and coffee - for this I am thankful.
10. Attending The Generosity Summit with five other leaders from our church to encourage us to be a more generous church - for this I am thankful.
11. I am tired, but LOVE my 'job' - for this I am thankful.
12. Family day started with three wonderful, vibrant faces and a cup of coffee - for this I am thankful.
13. The crisp chill this morning reminded me of the beauty and joy of changing seasons; the Christmas songs playing in the background were helpful too - for this I am thankful.

14. Looking out my window, I see a Fall-spectrum of color - for this I am thankful.
15. Joined a great group of passionate people (CMJ Commission) who ask the questions, 'what breaks God's heart?' and 'what can we do about it?' - for this I am thankful.
16. Yesterday my wife and I put on a meal for IN pastors and juggled two lil ones...a great team - for this I am thankful.
17. Jennifer and Mom together, which implies that my folks are only 2 hours and 1 state away! - for this I am  thankful. 
18. Today we go to Chicago to pick up my folks AND celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday - for this I am thankful.
19. Yesterday, my Parents met my daughter in person - for this I am thankful.
20. Coffee, conversations and a day spent with my beloved - for this I am thankful.
21. I have the opportunity to eat with my beloved at Flat Top Grill - for this I am thankful.
22. 30 minute daughter/daddy date before the others came downstairs, priceless - for this I am thankful.
23. Today / this evening our house is filled with family - for this I am thankful.
24. Coffee, sticky buns and playing 'choo choo's - for this I am thankful.
25. For THIS I am thankful! (a picture of my parents, sister and family and my family around the dining room table on Thanksgiving) 
26. Benj is a drooler. Snuggling with my boy - for this I am thankful.
27. Even when there is a Windows failure and the computer will not work for worship the Bible says 'enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise!' - for this I am thankful.
28. Spent the morning with B, E and Dr. Seuss. - for this I am thankful.
29. Listening to Michael Gettel's San Juan Suite album. Filled with memories of special people, places and life events - for this I am thankful.
29b. A while back our grocery store started carrying peppermint mocha flavored creamer - for this I am thankful.
30. My dad is a giving, caring and thoughtful man - for this I am thankful.




No comments: