Monday, March 4, 2013

Growing up...

Ready or not...

A new, highly awarded safety car seat is reason to celebrate, right? Yes and No.
Yes - She is safe. She is in one of the best (in our price range) car seats available. She can withstand side, front, rear impact...and just think of what it will do, once in the car!
No - This is not a welcomed 'new'. I am not ready for this new, BIGGER seat.  It means she is growing up. In fact, this seat is just steps away from handing her the keys to the car, packing her up for college, co-signing her first apartment lease, walking her down the aisle, and nervously pacing in the waiting room or airport as we welcome her children/our grandchildren.  And to think, it started with the excitement of safety...and now I question my sanity. 
[For those who, laugh, scoff, or think I have extrapolated TOO far, too quick...I once thought that too.]
:)

Since we are on the 'growing up' topic - and my heart rate is already elevated - here is our sweet, little, baby boy Benjamin. Sans diaper...sporting the latest in hybrid undies, the boxer brief. Let the potty training games - joys and perils - begin!

No comments: