Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday (Feb 24) Outing!

We did it! Our first family outing. For those laughing at the concept...you must know I was you not too long ago. I was the one who said...oh its no big deal just bring the kids along. I always thought it would be rather easy to bring them. In fact, they are just like an accessory right?! "Father forgive me, I know not what I say." I now see the error of my ways! :)

Let us begin with getting the kid ready. Thankfully Ben has been pretty easy on us so far. But as soon as you are packed and ready, there is a diaper change needed. Once that is done, he is hungry again. Following that, you guessed it nap time...a perfect time to travel mind you.

Once at your destination (ours was the local mall), you find your arms filled with baby, diaper bag, coats, and it doesn't help that you haven't been the gym all that often.

Let me take a moment to give a shout out to the makers of the MOBY. I have to give you much respect and credit. You have managed to "create" a long piece of overpriced fabric and instill such a "basic need" upon struggling parents who have no other o
ption to survive than to purchase this from you (rather than go to the fabric store)...How could we have ever lived without one. Thank you...I think.

Our trip to the mall was successful. We have been trying to think of a way to create memories and images for Ben to look to as his "roots". Since we have no photos of his birth or any milestones in his short life we wanted to find ways to help build his story.
Enter Beaumont his Build-A-Bear puppy. We thought Beau would be a great way to give him something from his birth place and create a starting point in his life. As with any creation at build-a-bear Beau has a birth certificate. We put Beau's birthday as Feb. 22, 2010...the day we met and adopted Ben. As you can see, Beau is quite the companion. We pray he will be a source of comfort and love for many years...and assist in telling Ben's adoption story.

Following our adventure at the mall and Sunni's new found passion and excitement for the MOBY (if only they could create one with a built in air conditioner), we made our way to the car.

Our next adventure was to historic/downtown Beaumont. But first, as you guessed, changing the amazingly (should have received an award) full diaper in the back seat of the car on a windy day...(Sunni is w.o. question amazing...Sorry for the draft Ben).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look like pros!!!! So happy for you!

Ann-Marie said...

You're doing great! And I think the idea of Beau is wonderful.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the whole idea around Beau! That is a phenominal way to connect Ben to his roots. (Plus I can buy clothes for him too!LOL!) I wish I had a MOBY when Jenna was tiny. The bjorn worked okay, but that Moby looks fantastic. Ah, yes, Justin received many a diaper change in the back of the van or in a passenger side doorway - it's refreshing for them. :)