Friday, March 19, 2010

Our newest present...

Uncle Geoff and Aunt Sarah arrived Wednesday night with a bounty of gifts. While you are not supposed to have favorites, I do. It all began a week ago...Benj was renamed...McFUSSY. The kid has the most difficult time settling down for the evening. The concept is not difficult...You have an evening meal, get a clean diaper, rock and snuggle till you fall asleep...done.
One would think.
However Benjamin tends to miss the last step...I am not saying our little boy is "slow" or is defiant...I believe he just has a hard time following directions. Thankfully, I was educated according to Pythagoras [A2 + B2 = C2]...and so I know that my little boy will soon understand...A(bottle) + B(dry diaper) = C(sleep). But I will wait only a little while longer for him to make these connections before I get impatient.
Thankfully Uncle Geoff and Aunt Sarah were one step ahead of Mom and Dad here...They have a trick. It isn't bribery, or even discipline...It is a bouncy seat with a vibrating butt button...WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?! How ingenious?! Yes of course...When he is crabby and resembling his new nickname (McFussy) we simply put him in this most glorious, beautiful creation of FisherPrice. All I can say is, THANK YOU!






No comments: